Stratasys, the leading global provider of 3D printing solutions, is set to acquire privately-held GrabCAD, Inc. in an all-cash transaction. What GrabCAD gives to Stratasys is twofold. First, it gets a collaboration platform in the form of Workbench – which launched last year as a place for a CAD workgroup to access and develop local and cloud-based files. And second, Stratasys gets a vertically-focused social networking community, in this case currently serving over 1.5 million mechanical engineers who connect with each other, exchange ideas, seek out partners in crime, and can access a library of over 500,000 CAD models. Vertically-focused social networks is an area that some VCs and others have highlighted as an area of interest as we see more maturation in social media, and a desire less for catch-all, huge communities and more for targeted and focused experiences. Read Full...Read More »
- 3D Printing Venture News – Link3D In Boulder Colorado Received Funding
- 3D Printing Joint Ventures Abound
- 3D Printing Joint Ventures Needed For Many Suppliers
- Relativity Space Just Landed $35 Million in Venture Capital Funding
- New 3D Bio-Printing Lab – 3D Printing Venture Capital Available – Top 10 3D Printing Investors
- 3D Printing Breakthroughs – 3D Printing in Space – Bioprinting Breakthrough
- 3D Printing Videos – Are Large Inexpensive 3D Printers A Good Value? Review!
- 3D Printing Videos – What Is 3D Printing? An Explanation
- 3D Printing Videos – 3D Printed Dwelling On Mars Wins NASA Competition!
- 3D Printing Videos – 3D Printing Food!