Stratasys, the leading global provider of 3D printing solutions, is set to acquire privately-held GrabCAD, Inc. in an all-cash transaction. What GrabCAD gives to Stratasys is twofold. First, it gets a collaboration platform in the form of Workbench – which launched last year as a place for a CAD workgroup to access and develop local and cloud-based files. And second, Stratasys gets a vertically-focused social networking community, in this case currently serving over 1.5 million mechanical engineers who connect with each other, exchange ideas, seek out partners in crime, and can access a library of over 500,000 CAD models. Vertically-focused social networks is an area that some VCs and others have highlighted as an area of interest as we see more maturation in social media, and a desire less for catch-all, huge communities and more for targeted and focused experiences. Read Full...Read More »
- 3D Printing Funding Bubble? Did It Break?
- 3D Printing Firm Receives $7 Million In Funding
- 3D Printing Funding Ventures – Israeli Firm Receives $25 Million
- 3D Printing Ventures News Update – Metal 3D Printing – New Venture Capital Investments In 3D Printing
- VC Funding Helping Democratize 3D Printing For The Masses – Top 5 3D Printing Companies