Stratasys, the leading global provider of 3D printing solutions, is set to acquire privately-held GrabCAD, Inc. in an all-cash transaction. What GrabCAD gives to Stratasys is twofold. First, it gets a collaboration platform in the form of Workbench – which launched last year as a place for a CAD workgroup to access and develop local and cloud-based files. And second, Stratasys gets a vertically-focused social networking community, in this case currently serving over 1.5 million mechanical engineers who connect with each other, exchange ideas, seek out partners in crime, and can access a library of over 500,000 CAD models. Vertically-focused social networks is an area that some VCs and others have highlighted as an area of interest as we see more maturation in social media, and a desire less for catch-all, huge communities and more for targeted and focused experiences. Read Full...Read More »
- 3D Printing Videos – 3D Printing Projects For Summer With Families
- 3D Printing Videos – A 3D Printed House That Is Multi Story
- Useful 3D Prints for Coronavirus Pandemic – As COVID-19 Surges, 3D Printing is Having a Moment
- 3D Printing Videos – Ideas About What 3D Printing Software To Use
- 3D Printing Videos – Can 3D Printing Be Stronger Than Diamonds?